Sunday, May 20, 2007

Every Kid Loves Boggle

In honor of my friend Rex, I broke out my old Boggle program. After 200 million random boards I've found the following dense board:

dseb
iral
etpm
hsei

Total words = 658

This is also the highest scoring at 2619 points.

This is using TWL06, the acceptable North American Scrabble words, 3 letters or longer, together with the letter cubes from standard (1992) Boggle.

Still runs quite fast, given it was written 10 years ago. I saw some ways to speed it up when I took a quick glance at it, but I can't do anything until after the baseball draft. This was originally meant to be part of an article I was going to write on Boggle, which I will finally sit down and finish in a few weeks.

I love modern computers! Even using a trie compressed into a dawg (directed acyclic word graph) I'm only using 4% of my memory, and I'm only maxing one of my CPU cores.

No comments: